Some frequently asked questions, answered
Contact us or leave your details and one of our representatives will call you right back.
It is valid for as long as the holder owns real estate which meets the criteria for obtaining the Golden Visa. The need to renew it every five years no longer exists as such; however, the holder is responsible for proving, every 5 years, that he/she still owns property meeting the criteria for granting the right to a Golden Visa, otherwise it will be revoked.
The immediate family members of the buyer (husband or wife, children up to 21 years of age, parents, in-laws) are also entitled to obtaining Golden Visas, which will be renewed and expire at the same time as the buyer’s. The children can then apply independently for a 3-year renewal when they reach 21 years of age. Under specific circumstances (e.g. if they are enrolled to and attend a Greek University), the Golden Visa may be extended further while these circumstances last (subject to documented proof), but in any case not beyond 28 years of age.
No, however, the holder may be a shareholder, member of the Board of Directors or Managing Director in a company. The right to obtain Greek citizenship is granted if the holder resides in Greece for seven (7) consecutive years permanently (i.e. at least 180 days per year).
Yes, a tourist visa is required as well as the entry stamp on the applicant’s passport. If the point of entry is another Schengen airport then the boarding pass needs to be submitted Only if such an Entry Visa is required to enter Greece.
The holder may:
- Reside in Greece continuously while the Residence Permit is valid;
- Travel to any Schengen Area countries for up to three months in a six-month period; and
- Have access to education services, just like Greeks.
- Rent his/her property
- Include in the same application, besides his/her children, the parents and his/her spouse’s parents
- Enjoy his/her property as a vacation home and rent it out when not in Greece
You must own more real estate assets worth € 250,000.00 or over in order to be able to keep your Golden Visa; otherwise, it will be revoked upon ownership if the property passes to the buyer.
Unless you still own other real estate assets worth € 250,000.00 or over, the Golden Visa you have obtained in your capacity as property owner is revoked; however, the fact that your child now becomes a property owner means that you are automatically entitled to a new Residence Permit in your capacity as parent of a property owner.
- Low cost – Only € 250.000
- Most beautiful country in Europe
- Clearly defined and quick procedure
- No extra visas to Schengen countries
- No minimum stay
- No language test
- Rent of property allowed
- Parents and in-laws can be included in the same application.
- Applicants who permanently reside in Greece for seven years can apply for nationality.